Homemade cake with chestnut flour
With the change of season, the slight drop of temperature and the shortening of the days, we felt well authorized to spend our free Sunday lazying about at home.
As a treat, I baked this rustic cake with chestnut flour and a generous inner layer of apricot jam. I know that in the recipe below I wrote to wait for it to cool completely before removing it from the tin... but the truth is that we ate when it was still warm, with a nice cup of coffee, while watching a movie on the couch. How nice!
Easy and quick to make, I am sure you will love it too. Let me know :)
RECIPE JAM FILLED CHESTNUT CAKE
2 free range eggs
100 gr brown sugar
60 gr melted butter
100 ml milk
80 gr 00 flour
70 gr chestnut flour
8 gr baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
180 gr apricot jam
1. Melt butter in a water bath, let cool and combine with the milk
2. Work eggs and sugar with an electric whisk until you get a nice and foamy mixture.
3. Add the previously sifted dry ingredients, amalgamate with a wooden spoon, slowly pour the milk and butter and amalgamate again.
4. Butter and flour a baking pan, add about half of the mixture and bake at 170° for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven, add the jam leaving the borders free, then add the remaining half of the cake batter. and put back into the oven for another 20/25 minutes.
5. Once ready, let cool completely before removing from the tin.